With the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world, and more recently here in our beloved country. We as a country need to all do our part to ensure the virus is kept under control.
WHAT DO WE KNOW SO FAR? (Supplied by UNICEF)
- Flu like symptoms that spread the same way as flu would (Viral)
- On average, 1 person can affect 14 people
- If the virus lands on metal, it will live for 12 hours
- The virus does not settle in the air, its grounded. So it is NOT transmitted by AIR
- The size of the cell is large (400-500 microns), for this reason, any mask prevents entry.
- The virus is only exposed when tempretures of 26 – 27 degrees. It DOES NOT live in warm regions. Therefore, drinking hot water and sun exposure will limit spreading of the virus.
- The virus lives on the hands for 10 minutes before killing off. Having a hand sanitizer on you at all times is advised to prevent spreading
- The virus can live on clothes for up to 9 hours. The need to wash clothes and sun exposure is necessary to kill the virus.
What are we doing?
Due to the nature of the virus and the specialised work we do, we will be operating as per usual as it has no direct impact. Our health and safety policies are strict and will carry its weight in worth during this time. We will be carrying out the necessary precautions to ensure our team members, customers and members of the public are kept as safe as we can control with the given guidelines. Our team members have been given medical grade sanitizers as well as masks for prevention. They are advised to keep a distance of 1 meter from human contact.
We encourage our fellow countrymen to take this seriously. As a nation we need to stand together and fight this before it spreads. Hygiene and awareness of the symptoms are paramount to defeating this.
For more information please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.